It is Fun Friday again, but I’m doing things in a slightly different way. I was given the Liebster blog award from Laura Stanfill earlier in the week.
One of the “rules” is that you have to pass the award on to five new blogs of your choice. It’s like Fun Friday, but based on the whole blog, not just a post. I realized something about myself in this process: my favorite blogs are random. I like blogs that are hard to define and don’t have a specific topic. For me, it’s all about the writer’s voice and view of the world. I’m also not so fabulous with anything numbery, so please forgive me if any of the following blogs are not new enough to count as new.
So, here are five new, or at least newish, blogs that I am loving:
1. Ramblings and Rumblings is a hilarious blog that is not really about anything. There are a lot of posts about the Today show that will make you laugh so hard you might actually pee a little. I have drooled on my keyboard several times while reading. It is a funny, snarky commentary on all that is wrong with the world, including People Magazine naming Bradley Cooper the sexiest man alive. Important stuff.
2. Shannyn Shroeder’s blog is about life and writing, mostly. The post that really got me was about bad first lines. There was even a video. Hilarious. The posts about life have a lot to do with romance and TV, and are always entertaining.
3. Debra Kristi keeps me entertained with funny insights about life and kids, and with her Immortal Monday posts. With characters ranging from Edward, the Twilight vamp, to Thor there is an immortal for everyone. I don’t read a lot of fantasy. Ok, any, actually. But, I have loved myths since I was a kid and I do watch all the movies of the YA novels, so I love the characters. She gives me something to look forward to on Mondays.
4. Jillian Dodd does the best movie reviews I have ever read. Her scoring system is based on dates, ranging from The Walk of Shame (one star) to Happily Ever After (five stars). And they always include pictures. Yum.
5. Near Normalcy is a blog that is about a little of everything, just the kind of blog I like. After reading one post I felt like I had known Alyssa forever. I don’t know her at all and that might not even be her real name. But, her take on the world is so entertaining I can’t help but read and laugh.
I am supposed to list the rules here, so here they are:
- Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
- Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Copy and paste the award on your blog.
- Hope that the people you’ve sent the award to forward it to their five favorite bloggers and keep it going!